August 10, 2012

just rosy.


a little commission that i've been working on for a friend at work. his mother in law turns 75 this weekend and what better way than celebrating with a floral pink ombre number? the original brief was to make a chocolate cake that could kill an elephant. death by chocolate? not a bad way to go. but due to my latest ombre obsession we managed to tweak the idea into something that would tick both our boxes. a liiiiittle bit of red food colouring, raspberry jam, slatherings of chocolate buttercream, lace and a couple of pretty peonies later, and this baby was born.












9 comments:

sky-blu-pink said...

Wow! For a pink girl like me, that would be a fantastic cake! It's my birthday next week - I am inspired!! :)

ivy and neat said...

the colours are perfect! Not only does it look stunning it sounds delicious - raspberry jam and chocolate buttercream make a v.happy couple :)

Kylie said...

It's absolutely beautiful Laura.

Zara said...

Oh yes. Lovely.
x

Bungalowgirl said...

Gorgeous cake Laura. Peonies are a lovely choice too, my fave flower. melx

silly old suitcase said...

This looks amazing...delicious!
Don't you just love baking pink?
I did some ombre cake making too, see my blog if you like...

Thanks for these pretty pics x

humble habit said...

Oh so pretty, i am lovin the omrba. I think I have got to do a purple one for my little big girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh my YUM.

naughty shorts! said...

you are a clever bunny miss!